Thursday, June 9, 2011

My creative space

Pssst! Are you looking for WWW? I've moved it to facebook... click here!

Watercolors... we're at our new place now, settling in slowly, but mainly catching up on work. I have to finish 11 more pages for the book that are due at the end of the month. Normally the coloring takes about two days per page, but I don't have that much time left, so I'm trying to reduce it to one day which means I work longer hours.

via pinterest


As I am getting into coloring again I really start liking it. I used to think coloring was overrated and I liked my pictures generally more with just the lineart. But I think that was actually due to my bad coloring skills which -of course- were due to a lack of practise. I get plenty of that now. And watercolors are such a cool medium. I recently saw an exhibition of watercolor paintings at the tate museum in London, it was just fabulous. They are so versatile.

pictures: pinterest


It is past midnight here now, and I've still got about two hours of work on today's page... I'm not sure if I should squeeze that in tonight or get up earlier tomorrow.
I am hoping to catch some sunshine soon (it's pretty foggy and rainy today),  so I can give you guys a house tour.

See more creative spaces.

7 Comments:

Squiggly Rainbow said...

We love watercolour! I need to have some professional training or maybe lots of practicing. Master S has discovered them too!

lamina @ do a bit said...

Watercolours are really fabulous!! Not just for pensioners!! Wish I was in London to see that exhibition... Love watercolour :)

Thanks for your lovely comment! I think knitting is easier too!! ha ha

Jodi said...

love them...but it's been so long since i've attempted creating one.

S and O said...

Beautiful paintings!
You have some talent :D
Xoxo
Sarah

Anna said...

Great selection! I really like nr. 3. I think that's a cover of an album? Tyco? I've recently discoverered watercolors myself. They look great when you really know what your doing, and can avoid making any mistakes. That's the big challenge for me with watercolors!

Misty said...

I ♥ watercolors! :D
have fun! ☺

yaga said...

I really have to try and get into aquarels more... i bet they're even more fun! ;o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...