Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Introducing Trust30: Ralph Waldo Emerson Pledge - and a question for you!

Ralph Waldo Emerson was an American writer and transcendentalist. He believed in individualism and formulated big thoughts against the grain of society.
In honour of his 208th Birthday (I guess they picked that at random...?), The Domino Project is re-publishing one of his works, "Self-Reliance".
The book " urges readers to trust their intuition rather than conforming to the will of the majority."

To go with that, they are offering a 30 day writing/creating challenge called the Ralph Waldo Emerson Pledge (#Trust30 on twitter). Authors and other inspiring people of our days are publishing a challenge each day to make you think about your life, your goals, your innermost motivation.

The pledge has already started (May 31st), but I only found out about it yesterday. I love a challenge and just at the moment I am very, very motivated to think about my whereabouts in life, so I signed up all the same. On a side note, RWE was born on the same day as me, so I feel a genuine connection and sympathy... ;o)

But I'm a bit unsure about if I should post my answers to the assignements here on the blog. They will be more word-heavy and serious than my usual posts. Since I'm really trying to give the blog a defined line atm (well, working on it.. oO), I'm wondering if these posts would make it seem too topic-mixed on here...

That's why I want to ask you:
What do you think, would you like to read RWE posts? Or should I leave them in my "offline-journal"?
If you have a sec, please go to the fb page and answer my poll, or leave me a comment here, I'd really appreciate to read a lot of opinions!

2 Comments:

Cindy said...

I think you should post them here. :) It'd be nice to see what you came up with! I don't think I have time to do the challenge : /

Elisa said...

I too think you should post them here. Give them a new category and that is fine. I am curious to read all and you often inspire me to think about myself as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...