Thursday, February 2, 2012

My favourite days

Some days, when there is nothing pressing to organise, I steal some sweet hours during the afternoon.

I drag out all my sketching utensils and make myself a nice cup of tea.


I doodle and scribble.

I study and I write down ideas.

I soak up the sun until the shadows start creeping over my notepad and it gets chilly.
 

Or I sneak in a few minutes of coloring on the sofa.

Winnie is always my companion.


Sometimes I even feel free enough to pull out the painting supplies.

It is easier to go on working on a piece than to start a new one.

Sometimes I need a full day just to get started on something.




I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I'm clumsy and I smear it everywhere.

But when I'm finished, I feel exhilarated.

This is the work that matters, the work that makes my heart sing and my soul glow.

Artist days are my favourite days of the week.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...