Sunday, August 14, 2011

A birthday, a King, a fire and the black, black forest

We spent the weekend in the Black Forest. It was our friend Pia's 30est birthday on Saturday, so we made a big BBQ in the evening, sat by the fire and counted shooting stars.





We also had time for a little hike in the afternoon to enjoy the remote landscape. So close to Switzerland and still so different...



We finally had the opportunity to play Kubb - a game we've heard a lot about and that I've been wanting to try for a while. It's great!
There were other games, too, some silliness and of course, a lot of new and old friends. ;o)




I really loved going away again but still being out in the country - something completely different from Amsterdam and the other cities we've visited. We had quite some time to think and talk about all the things that are on our mind these days. Trev is defending on the 22nd of September and we are starting to organise another move soon afterwards... as always, there is a lot of bureaucratic stuff to sort out. I'm really looking forward to it all though, so most of the time, excitement wins over nervousness. :o)


Tomorrow I am going to Hamburg for a few days with Picoletta, my sister. So I'm unpacking and packing my bags once again... we will be back at the end of the week if all goes well. Whenever I have time I am busily sorting through and editing my photos, so don't worry: You will see more than just a few favourite pictures from my traveling time.
Thanks to all of you for being so patient with me whilst I am only halfway here and not really reliable. I still read each and every one of your comments and am very happy about them. Thank you!!

Tomorrow you will meet Krista, a Monday Friend whom I consider my hairstyle-sister - and that's not the only thing I think is awesome about her! ;o)
See you!




Ps: If you'd like to see more pictures from the weekend, click here to see the facebook album.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...