Thursday, June 16, 2011

Self portrait Thursday - W24/11

rain&smiles

The weather is going kind of crazy here in our little valley. I've been working outside on the balcony today and it's been changing from burningly hot to dark clouds and thunder and sunshine again with rain.
In other news that are none, people here seem to think that I've run away from a nearby circus... ^^

I had to get myself a new set of brushes yesterday, because the old ones were all tattered and unusable. Now today I was able to work much faster, so my creative space could expand away from paintings to doodling and designing.

And since I have a little time for fun now, I thought I might do a little A to Z about me to introduce myself to the many new people who visited my blog lately - and I would assume there's also some new things to read for the people who know me. ;o)


A. Age: 26

B. Bed size: I don't really know about the names of bed sizes, but our current one is 160cmx200cm
C. Chore that you hate: Dishes!! It's the chore I *have* to do because other people cook, but I freely admit I don't like handling dirty dishes.
D. Dogs: The bigger the better. Currently, I'm looking after the darling of one of my housemates. His name's Tschumi. ([Choumee])


E. Essential start to your day: That really depends... cuddles and some sunshine is usually best ;o)
F. Favourite color: yellow!
 
G. Gold or Silver: Silver
H. Height: 172cm
I. Instruments you play: Cello, recorder and guitar
J. Job title: Kindergarden teacher
K. Kids: only on duty! ;o) N0, joking, I wanna have at least 6!


L. Live: In Diesbach, Glarus, Switzerland
M. Mother's name: Beatrix
N. Nicknames: yaga, yags, The Noble Lady ;o)


O. Overnight hospital stays: When I was eight years old I had a blood infection and had to stay in hospital for a week. After the operation that made sure I stayed alive, it was mainly fun. oO
P. Pet peeve: Spitting makes me want to hit people.
Q. Quote from a movie:  "If it's a boy, they're gonna call him Rodney, after Dave." (It's from a series, but it's the funniest thing ever!)
R. Right or left handed: Right

S. Siblings: Two sisters
T. Time you wake up: Around 9AM mostly.
U. Underwear: I admit I think boyshorts are quite sweet.
V. Vegetable you hate: Celery :oP 
W. What makes you run late: General planlessness and the internet
X. X-Rays you've had: Teeth, ankle, both hands, arm, torso... I was quite a calamitous child ;o)
Y. Yummy food that you make: I am the zopfmaster! ^^
Z. Zoo animal: I love the seals! They are so beautiful and I love to see them swim!


I copied the idea for this list from Sophie at Her Library Adventures. Thanks, Sophie! ;o)

7 Comments:

Leah said...

Das selbstportrait finde ich wie immer toll. Freue mich eigentlich jede Woche darauf, eine neue Illustration von dir zu sehen.

lamina @ do a bit said...

Ha ha ha what a hilarious A-Z!! you are funny :) Such a cute little doodle too!!

ps.thnaks for your lovely comment on my little blog XXX

Jill said...

Great post - I'm with you on the dishes - we finally got a dishwasher a few years ago. We had a cabinet maker come to look at our kitchen and tell us there was no proper space to put one in, then one day I'd had enough, borrowed a sledgehammer and made space! Looked great (in the end) and I couldn't manage without one now!!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

yaga said...

aah, dishwashers... we had one in a shared flat once and it was heaven! one of the great inventions of mankind, along with the laundry machine and hot showers!
glad you guys like the thursday doodles! :o))
love
yaga

Cindy said...

Ah these are great! :) I didn't know all these awesome facts about you. And kudos on the new brushes! Who doesn't love new supplies and utensils!? I do...I'm one of those people that enjoy picking out new cutlery. LOL

I'm one of 6 children and seals are ADORABLE. :)

Teek said...

ha great post.

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, how cute is that seal? and what a fun post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...