Thursday, August 12, 2010

Little green house: Cleaning


It was a rainy day and a welcome excuse to stay home and recover from the nasty cold. So I have been cleaning a bit.

I got really unnerved by our ancient vacuumer which is maybe less efficient than a broom. And, I thought, a broom would not only be cleaner, it would also be greener, because it is powered by your own muscles. Well, vacuumers are a very handy thing if they work right, I won't deny.

But what other cleaning products are you using that could be substituted with something greener, or even just cancelled from the list?

I use these things for cleaning: Water, Vinegar, baking soda, a sponge, a microfiber cloth, a normal cloth and muscle power.

From floors to watercookers to the bathroom I clean everything with vinegar. The smell evaporates quickly, and if you want you can put a piece of fresh vanilla or some lemon juice in your cleaning vinegar to scent it.

Everything that needs an extra boost, like the toilet, a sticky stain or a blocked drain I treat with baking soda. Right, that's the stuff you buy at the grocery store (you can get it at the pharmacy in bigger amounts). Just pour some soda on the questionable area, fizz with a bit of vinegar and let it soak for a while. The rest is scrubbing and rinsing.

There is more greenery going on. I am thinking about plastic *very* hard these days, and I am planning on greening my washing. Stay tuned. ;o)

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...