Friday, July 2, 2010

Big and silent things

Big things often come on silent wings. I've hardly had time to get back from Amsterdam and started working again, suddenly the big day has come: We're starting the yurt course tonight. I have been looking forward to this for so long that now I am really nervous because I'm scared it won't be as good as I had imagined it.
But in my head I know that as soon as I arrived and we've started, everything will be fine. It just came so suddenly I found myself buried in stuff that had to be done before leaving, and I felt quite stressed.
I've read this somewhere, I sadly can't remember where, but it always helps me when my to-do lists seem endless and the tasks huge: Try to separate the necessary from the important things. Important things are things like writing a book, going for a walk, building a yurt. Necessary things are things like writing an email, bringing back library books or cleaning. And there make yourself aware of what happens if you don't do these things today. If I don't go to work I'll lose my job, but if I don't clean so what? A few dustbunnies more, it won't kill anybody.
It always makes me smile to think about it that way, and it makes handling priorities much easier.

Well, you guys try to have a quiet week, and I'll be back with words and pictures of the field soon!

image source: scrape tv.com

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...