Monday, July 18, 2011

***Monday Friend*** - Twinkie

Let's have a freaky Monday together! Because I'm really freaking out about the girl who's visiting us today: Twinkie is one of my style crushes - and I don't say that only because I want her to knit a food scarf for me! ^^
You don't know what I'm talking about? Well, that's why I want to introduce Twinkie Chan to you today.


Twinkie blogs at Twinkie's blaaargh - about all the impotant things in her life... and what those might be you can find out by looking at my illustration:


This is what she shared with me:

1) Family - I have a wonderful, supportive family. Everyone is super funny, smart, and loving in their own special way. I count my close friends as my family, as I've known many of them years and years and years. They inspire me to  keep trying to accomplish great things, so I can make them proud and give them something to gossip about! :P

2) Being Crafty - While I mostly focus on crochet, I have been gluing and stitching and painting for my whole life. The women in my family have a mantra: Go home and make it! Not only can you save money, but you can also express yourself in a unique way by making your own clothing, accessories, or home decor!



3) Books - I was an English major and I worked in publishing for 10 years. I always wanted to write books, and I ended up selling other people's books to publishers. I thought that once I quit the business, I would have more time again to read real books (when you work in publishing you end up spending all your spare time reading manuscripts), but now I'm just crocheting all the time! AHH! I sneak in my reading on air planes or at the hair salon. I still hope one day to write my masterpiece!

4) Bibi - I have two dogs, but my dog Bibi is my baby. I fell in love with her the first second I saw her. I feel so close to her that I gross out my boyfriend when I tell him I feel like I gave birth to her. I love to rub her big feet all over my face even though I know she has been stepping in poo all day.

5) Color - When I first started working after college, my boss told me I couldn't wear jeans, and that I had to dress more conservatively. During the coming years, I would wear a lot of black, since it was easy to coordinate separate pieces. One of my interns called me "post-goth." But now that I work from home and for myself, I can wear whatever I want, and I am overdosing on color! It just makes you happy.

Isn't she the coolest? Thank you so much Twinkie for sharing your list with me. Now, if you haven't already, click one of the links and head over to explore her colorful worl, I promise, it'll be worth it! :o)
Thanks for reading!






Check out my previous Monday Friends!

Do you wanna be a Monday Friend? Please contact me and I will be very happy to include you in a future post! Email me at little_yaga (at) gmx.ch

Like ***Monday Friend***? Please support me by grabbing the button from my sidebar for your blog. If you drop me a line I'll link back to you!
 

3 Comments:

it's me ...Twinkie Chan! said...

Thank you so much, Yaga!
xo

Leah said...

The illustration is once again really great.

Cindy said...

Ahh she sounds lovely, Yaga! I missed reading your blog btw! I had a rough past week so I stopped blogging for a bit. Happy to see you're doing well! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...