Sarah McCay from "A Lost Feather" is Monday Friend number One.
|click for bigger picture|
As soon as I had decided on ***Monday Friend*** as the new blog project, I knew that I wanted Sarah to be the first person featured in it. Imagine how happy I was when she agreed to join in!
Sarah is 26 years old and lives outside New York City. I love her blog because it is not only inspirational but also very light and full of sunshine - her blogtitle says it all!
Sarah gave me the following five things to include into my drawing:
1. Boyfriend/ Family/ Friends/ Dog. I had a conversation with one of my best friends this morning about the most important things in our lives.. at first I listed "art" as my #1, but I realized that without the people in my life, nothing else would matter. They are definitely my #1.
2. Art. Last July I quit my full time desk job to follow my dream of becoming a full time artist. It's a lot of work, but I love it.
3. Hiking. I started getting into hiking after I visited the Grand Canyon in 2008. Now I go as often as possible. Even though the mountains here on the east coast of the US are a lot smaller than what you'll find out west, we still have some pretty amazing trails.
4. Photography. I studied Fine Art Photo in college.. I never go anywhere without a camera.
5. Blogging. I love being part of the blogging world. I am sooo thankful for the people I've met and I hope to one day be able to look back through my posts with a huge smile!
They're all there. :o) I included Boo especially, Sarah's little dog. Because I think little dogs just like to be in pictures. Who knows, if I left him out maybe Boo would have been insulted and give Sarah a hard time and that's not what we want. ;o)
Sarah not only sells her wonderful jewelry and art in her etsy shop. Very new and precious is her other shop "Currents of Air", where you can buy cute illustrations for your blog or website. Such a great idea!
I hope you liked the first Monday Friend. If you have a minute's time, why don't you hop over and say hello to Sarah, I'm sure she'd love your comments!
All photos and the blog banner are copyright to Sarah at A Lost Feather and are used with her kind permission.
Do you want to be a Monday Friend? I would be thrilled to hear from you. Just drop me a line at shiny_bubbles (at) gmx.ch